Moving to Frisco, TX? Here are 5 things you need to know!
A lot of people hear that Frisco is a great city to live in if you have a family, and they are correct! However, Frisco is also a great place if you are single. I moved to the Frisco area in 2003 as a single Mom with a toddler. I met my current husband here in Frisco, so if you are single and afraid to move to Frisco, don’t worry. You won’t be the only bachelor or bachelorette J Moving to Frisco was the best decision I could have made. Between the amazing school district, proximity to the Dallas metro area, and the number of restaurants, shopping and sports venues, Frisco has it all.
- Before putting a contract on a home, visit with the staff at the neighborhood school (or schools) your children will be attending (if you have children). Frisco schools have high ratings, but to ensure the principal, staff, and programs are well suited for your child’s needs, ask to have a one on one meeting with them. Getting to know the administration of your student’s new school is priceless.
- The housing market is very competitive. Make sure you have a Realtor who knows the city and has good connections with other Frisco Realtors. Finding a home can be a fun adventure! With the crazy real estate market in North Texas, acquiring a home under $400,000 can be a bit of a struggle. However, if you have a Realtor who is well connected with other agents in the area, they should be able to help you find the home of your dreams in your price range.
- Frisco is a sports fan’s dream. If you are a sports fan of any kind, then you will love Frisco. We are home to a professional soccer team (FC Dallas), Football team (Dallas Cowboys Headquarters), a semi pro baseball team (The Roughriders), a semi pro basketball team (Texas Legends) and our Pro Hockey Team the Dallas Stars hold many practices in Frisco at the Dr Pepper Center. Sports fans will never run out of games and sporting events to attend!
- Frisco offers an extraordinary amount of shopping and restaurants. In the past 15 years Frisco has added more shops and restaurants than one can count! From high end boutiques and fine dining to discount stores and fast food, Frisco has it all. Whatever your palate may be craving, you will find it here along with your favorite retail stores.
- Close proximity to Downtown Dallas. Frisco is only a 25-30 minute drive to downtown Dallas, making the commute to and from Dallas easy for those who work in the downtown area. Many Frisco residents have chosen to live here for the affordable housing and the amazing school district. Commuters can either take the Dallas North Tollway or if paying tolls isn’t in your budget you can take Highway 121 to I-35.
If you are interested in moving to Frisco we would love to help you find your new home and help you get involved in our community! Contact us at GoldStarTeamKW@gmail.comor visit our website to see home listings at www.TheGoldStarTeam.com.